Facts about my skin:
Skin tone: Olive tone
Skin type: Oily and acne prone
Problems: Occasional breakouts on the chin and cheeks, acne scars, large pores in the t-zone, an oily t-zone, and the odd wrinkle.
The Product: Rimmel Wake Me UP Foundation ($12 CDN)
- A light moisturising texture applies smoothly and leaves skin feeling soft and comfortable all day
- Gives an instant flawless, natural-looking finish
- Provide visible anti-fatigue effect with peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising complex
Packaging: The packaging on this (1 oz.) foundation is great for a drugstore line. The container itself if glass, and I like the design of it. It also has a pump - which I'm all for since anything I have to physically pour out means I will make a mess.
Colors: It comes in a total of 5 shades, and I found this particular color "natural beige" to be quite dark. I definitely need a tan to pull this color off. For the witner months, I would need a lighter color.
The consistency of this foundation, feel like a face moisturizer. It is not runny by any means, but does not feel heavy on the skin. The scent is fresh, with a hint of floral - very different than the usual 'foundation' scent.
Here's what I loved about it:
- coverage is so natural, and with 1 layer I'm usually good to go. However, for more coverage (when I sometimes have a unicorn growing on my face) it builds beautifully without caking
- it lasts on my skin with little oxidation, and it didn't move around my skin with time (or melt on hot days)
- the scent is quite pleasant, it smells fresh which is a great pick me up in the mornings!
- start with a light moisturizer. I found using a heavy moisturizer (especially in the summer) made me an oily city within a few hours
- use a light setting powder only in the areas you need it - I just used it on my t-zone to set the foundation
- make sure you blend the foundation well on your skin, I found using my F80 Sigma Kabuki worked best
4.5 / 5
4 / 5
5 / 5
5 / 5