Facts about my nails:
- Size: Long nail beds
- Problems: Some nail splitting and sometimes uneven texture
The Product: Impress Manicure
- each kit comes packaged in a plastic nail polish bottle that opens like a box
- kits are available in a variety of colors and prints (each kit cost is $9 for solid colors and $11 for patterns)
- each kit comes with 12 different sizes of nails, 24 nails in total, and a prep wipe
- the nails themselves are thinner than your typical press-on nails, but thicker than nail stickers as they are sturdy and hard
- each nail has adhesive on the back, all you need to do is pull off the backing
To apply, I smoothed out the surface of my nails with a nail file, and found my size for each nail and set them up in order. Then I used the prep wipe to prep the nail. Finally, I pulled the backing off the adhesive side, align it with my cuticle, applied the nail and pressed firmly. I avoided using water for the first half hour after applying.
The packaging, although cute, I thought was a bit wasteful. I like that they require less work than your typicial nail sticker that you need to file the edges away. They are easy to apply, and easy to take off. I had no damage taking the nail off - and they peeled right off with no residue left. I wore my set for 4 days (and they showed little wear after lots of use). I would over-all recommend this product for a short-term manicure.
There were few downfalls that I ran into:
1. Because my nailbeds are long I had trouble with the size of some of the nails - resulting in my bare nail being exposed in some areas (see pictures below).
2. Because the adhesive is not on the whole nail there was a gap in some areas where my hair got caught multiple times when I ran my hands through my hair. This happened either at the end of my nails or right at the cuticle. You can see a close up of the gap in the pictures below. I also found that if dirt can get sneak in there too!
Have you tried Impress Manicures? What are your favorite quick manicure solutions?
4 / 5
2 / 4
3 / 5
4 / 5